On the 3rd Day of Bloggy Christmas Miss Anyonita gave to me Honeyed Avocado Ice Cream!
Honeyed Avocado Ice Cream
Isn’t this 12 Days of Bloggy Christmas just the coolest thing?? I’m so honored to have been a part of this! Today, I’m going to share a different kind of Christmas treat with you! Something that probably wouldn’t be your first choice for a festive dessert, but hear me out…
I love Christmas, but I am the worst person in the world for self-restraint. I just can’t do it. I have a massive weak spot for Christmas dinner. If there’s turkey in the house, I’m going to eat it. Add in macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole, dressing and sweet potato and pecan pie and I have no chance of staying out of the fridge. That’s where this dessert comes in! It’s designed for people like me who have difficulty resisting the leftovers lure and who want something a bit less calorific than all those goodies I just described. There’s no added sugar in this ice cream. No gluten and no dairy. No ice cream maker needed. It’s good for you. Well, as good for you as any ice cream can be. Okay, well, it’s better for you than yet another slice of pecan pie!
1 ripe avocado
1 frozen banana
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup almond milk
- Leaving the banana in the peel, pop in the freezer until frozen through, about 2 hours.
- Halve the avocado and scoop out the flesh, placing it in a blender or food processor along with the frozen banana.
- Pulse to break down the banana. Once broken down, cream together the banana and avocado.
- Drizzle in the almond milk followed by the honey.
- Continue to process until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Decant into a freezer-friendly container and freeze about 6 hours before serving.