Since the year is about to end I wanted to put together a few of my favorite or most popular posts from 2015. It was so fun to look back at them and re-read them all. I hope You enjoy them as well!
1. Family Pictures and Handmade Outfits: It was so fun coming up with coordinating family outfits for our family pictures. From Pinterest inspiration to buying fabric, to stitching them all with love, I will for sure be doing this again!
3. Men’s Button Up Shirt: I am pretty excited about how this turned out! I followed a McCall’s pattern and Loren loves the fit. He told me it is his favorite fitting button up. That complement along with people not believing I made it makes me feel pretty good about this project!
4. The Abbey Jacket: This is another project I totally loved the outcome of! I made a few mistakes, but mistakes are for learning right!? I can see many more coats in the future! Maybe even one for me!
5. 31 Day Series on Sewing Clothes: I decided to do a 31 day writing challenge in October. What better to write on than sewing clothes?! I am pretty excited about how it all came together. I have some more goals for taking this series to the next level too. Coming soon??
Life and Encouragement:
6. The Little Old Lady at Culvers: You know when something just hits you and makes you really stop and think. The little old lady at Culvers did just that to me. She made me stop and rethink all the things I wish away in life. She made me realize that it is so ironic how the everyday moments we are most likely to wish away right now, are the moments we will look back on someday and wish for back.
7. Defining What Success Means to You: For me it is so easy to get caught up in striving for the “Hollywood type success”. I don’t believe that will give us lasting joy when we reach it. Rather we each have our own success story every single day. It helped me to write about different ways to combat the feelings of coming up short on “success”.
8. Making Your House Your Home: I had so much fun writing this one! It is so easy for me to look at the clutter and mess of my house everyday. To get bogged down because I don’t have that Pinterest perfect home. Or to really dislike some things about it. When I look deeper I start to see all the little nuggets that make my house a home. I shared a few ways to look past the imperfect house and to make it your home.
9. 10 Tips for a Beginning Runner: I used hate running. I mean that for real. I thought I would die. After pushing past the “I can’t’s” and “I am going to die’s” I started to really love running. I shared 10 tips to take you from a runner hater to a runner lover 🙂
10. Social Media: Let’s face it social media is a huge part of who we are today. It is such a great thing, yet such a hurtful thing at the same time. I shared some of my struggles with social media in this post along with how to use it for good!
11. Thoughts on Modesty: Since deciding I was branding myself as a modest pattern designer, I wanted to share my heart and thoughts with you on how I perceive modesty. I also talked about how modesty isn’t just in how we dress, it’s in all aspects of our life.
12. The Guild Game: It seems there is so much mommy guilt out there. The raging opinions and constant advice can leave us mama’s feeling like failures. I don’t believe there is one right way to raise your child. Everyone is different and every child is different. We need to band together as mama’s and encourage each other and lift each other up, not tear each other down. We are all striving to be the best mama we can to our babies and that is what is important.
13. The Day I Became a Mom: The day I became a mom changed me. It is such an amazing gift that far outweighs all the hard things about motherhood.