Fall is my favorite time of year! There is something about the crispness of the air, the changing trees, the temp, the smells, the food, AHHHH I just want it to be fall forever! As it is here, I decided to put together a sewing list for myself. The longer I sew, the more I am realizing I want to sew stuff I will actually wear. I am becoming more intentional about what I sew, vs just sewing something because the pattern or fabric was on sale. Personally I love wearing boots, dresses, and tunics. I live in them when colder weather hits. I complied a sewing list for myself. As always I have way more things I want to sew than I have time for. What are you planning on sewing this fall??
For sure sewing list:
- Chi-Town Chino’s. As you remember I hacked the original pattern into Bermuda shorts for summer. Then because Alina is awesome she came out with an expansion pack to include knee length shorts and pants! I wrote all about the knee length version here, but I can’t wait to make the pant version for fall!
- Self-Drafted Dress. For our family pictures, I agains decided I wanted to sew our outfits. You may remember last year’s outfits? I loved doing it so much I decided it must be done again :). I am really starting to enjoy creating my own thing. For this dress, I browsed Pinterest for inspiration and came up with two dresses I loved. I am planning on mashing them together and adding lace sleeves to give it a fall look.
- McCall’s M6044. I am planning on making yet another button up shirt for Loren for our family pictures. I feel like that is all I make for him! I suppose it is all he wants so I guess i will keep making them! But gasp! I am mixing it up a bit by adding a black V neck Tee under it to mix up the look a bit. I plan to self draft that shirt.
- Self-Drafted Toddler dress. To finish off our handmade wardrobe look, I plan to sew up Kina a lace bodice and tulle skirt with lace sleeves.
- Gwen Dress. Like I said, I love dresses with boots in the fall. I can’t wait to sew up this casual but classy Gwen Dress by See Kate Sew! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/526358275181994742/
- “Flared Fox”. I started working on a new pattern, but have since ended up putting it on the back burner. I really love it and am at the point that I can sew up some for myself. It is perfect for fall! Don’t hold your breath, I may or may not finish the pattern!
Sewing wish list:
- Julia Cardigan. I can’t wait to sew up this pattern!
- Hudson Pants. Everbody needs a good pair of cozy fall sweats right?
- Slouchy Sweater Tunic. I am really loving the look of slouchy sweaters and a pop of girly frill underneath. I love the tunic length and the mixture of the styles. Not sure what pattern I would use. Thinking of the Hallifax Hoodie?
- Chambray Button Up Dress. Not sure if I would self draft or hack the Sanibel Dress and Romper for this look. Whatever I do I totally want this dress!
What Other’s Are Making!
- I love this Lou Box Top Dress hack by Erin Always!
- I love Marie’s Julia Cardigan!! I love how she paired with with a Biscayne Blouse!
Add to the list! Share in the comments what you are making for fall!